The NHS provides most health care free of charge. However there are a number of other services for which fees can be charged. These are mainly for services not covered by the NHS such as:
- Medical reports
- Travel cancellation forms
- Written letters from GP’s requested by patients
- Some medical certificates
Payment is due prior to a form/ letter being actioned.
- Reports/ Letters £60.00 (Private insurance form, School fees, Shotgun License, Housing Association, Holiday Cancellations) payable in advance
- Medical Examination/ Report £185.00 (including all driving medicals, Adoption medical, childminder medical)payable in advance
- Medical Report no Examination £130.00 payable in advance
- Statement Of Fact £40.00 payable in advance
- Letters requested by Patient ( To whom it may concern) £60.00 payable in advance
Urgent requests will incur a surcharge which will be at the discretion of the practice.
This list is comprehensive and based upon a range of services that the practice offers, however the practice reserves the right to charge a fee for any services which are not provided free of charge within our NHS contract or for patients who are not entitled to NHS care.
Please note that full payment by bank transfer or bank card.
We require 3 working days notice should you wish to cancel a private appointment, failure to give appropriate notice will result in a 50% late cancellation charge. Failure to pay for a requested service may result in your removal as a patient from this surgery
Why would there be a fee for a letter that I have requested?
Doctors are involved in a whole range of non-medical work, largely on the basis that they occupy a position of trust and are in a position to verify the accuracy of information. When a GP signs a certificate, completes a report or dictates a letter, it is their professional duty to check that information is accurate and correct. Often this will mean that the GP has to check the patients entire Medical Record some of which is held on computer, but older information may require them to go through your paper notes manually, even a simple letter may take over an hour to check, dictate and generate.
If you have any further questions then please contact the Patient Services Team on 01252 548141