Who to Contact in an Emergency

If you need to speak to a doctor urgently when the surgery is closed, please contact the NHS 111 service. NHS 111 is when you need medical help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency.  You can ring the 111 number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Calls from landlines and mobile phones are free.

You will be assessed, given advice and directed straightaway to the local service that can help you best. That could be a late opening pharmacist, emergency dentist, community nurse, Urgent Care Centre, an out of hours GP or A&E.

Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest Accident & Emergency department or telephone 999.